A woman's purse is often the first accessory anyone notices. A suede handbag is a great accessory to invest in. Not only is it great looking, but also a suede handbag can last for many seasons with the proper care. Here's how to protect your investment.
1. Buy a can of suede protectant and water repellant when you buy the suede purse. Follow the directions on the can of protectant to apply it. Generally, you need to spray the suede purse lightly with the spray. Let the first coat dry and spray it again. If possible, do this outside and out of the wind.
2. Provide daily care of your suede handbag. Gently brush it with the suede brush to remove any dust and dirt particles it may have picked up during the course of the day. Brushing the handbag also restores the nap to its original direction.
3. Remove spots with a hard rubber eraser. If this doesn't work, you may need to purchase suede cleaner. Follow the specific directions on the cleaner to remove any spots.
4. Keep the suede handbag dry. Try to find a plastic shopping bag to carry and protect your purse on a rainy day. If the handbag does get wet, blot the water spots with a soft white cloth or paper towel as soon as possible. Let it air dry the rest of the way, then brush it with the suede brush.
5. Stuff the handbag with tissue paper to store it when it's not in use. Make sure that it is clean and dry before you put it into storage.